Personal Injury Attorneys are lawyers that provide legal representation for individuals who claim to have been injured as a result of the negligence of another person, commercial or government entity. As such, personal injury attorneys specialize in “tort law,” which is the area of law dealing with civil legal actions. This could include economic damages to a person’s body, their property, civil rights or reputation.
In any incident in which you have been injured due to the negligence of any other person or entity, I recommend that you consult with a Personal Injury attorney. I further recommend that you consult the attorney before you notify your own insurance company of your loss.
Failure to gain competent legal counsel can result in complications in your claim, or restrict your full recovery in a negligence incident. You could find that you have unknowingly given away important rights you did not know you had.
Do not trust your financial future to a General Practice attorney. Choose a personal injury specialist to protect yourself.
Here’s how to choose the right Personal Injury Attorney:
1. Using your computer search engine, look for “Personal Injury Attorney” and your zip code or state.
2. Note which personal injury law firms in your area are advertising on TV and radio in your area. A big advertiser is usually having some success.
3. Ask friends and business associates for a referral to a PI attorney.
Once you have located two or three PI attorneys in your area, interview them with these questions:
1. How many years have you been a Personal Injury Attorney?
2. Do you have a specialty?
3. Can you provide a list of at least ten satisfied customers with phone numbers?
4. Do you have documentation of your success in insurance settlements?
5. Have you ever had a complaint filed against you with the Department of Insurance or the State Bar Association?
6. Please explain your fees and how you are paid.
7. Please provide a copy of your retainer contract.
Based upon the information you glean from your interviews, you can make a choice of the best Personal Injury Attorney to consult.